Saturday, November 24, 2012

Turkey Time

On Wednesday, we made some fun turkey puppets in our room. My kids have a LOVE of puppets. My first Donors Choose project for my autism classroom was a set of puppets, because there was one puppet in the classroom when I started, and that poor puppy puppet was the source of many fights.

We have been reading turkey books, creating turkey crafts, and talking about Thanksgiving for the month of November. So, we cut out half circles of white card stock, glued on two google eyes, cut triangles for beaks, and I painted their fingers with sponge brushes (I had baby wipes for an immediate post-hand print clean up!) and they made feathers with their fingers. In the afternoon, we glued the half circles to the back of the bags. They were obsessed.

Here are a few of the finished products!


No comments:

Post a Comment